Your Online Security is Important to us
Security at Raisin is one of the biggest considerations in everything we do. We do everything we can to ensure that you can use our services as securely as possible for your savings. On this page, we will explain what we at Raisin do to ensure optimal security and how you can contribute to your banking security by following certain guidelines.
Table of Contents
Essential Security Tips for Customer
We have always placed your security first on Raisin. To ensure maximum security, we have made a simple list of security to-do’s you can follow:
- Never divulge your personal Raisin Account details like password and mTAN in any medium, including calls, texts, or emails.
- Raisin will never, ever ask you for any of the sensitive details mentioned above.
- Raisin does not ask for confirmation, verification or changing of your personal details, password or mTAN by email!
- Create a strong password with at least 8 characters that include a combination of mixed uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers.
- Change your passwords frequently.
- In passwords, do not use combinations that have a private or easily-guessed reference such as your name, date of birth, telephone number, postal code or similar.
- We will never call you and ask to do any payment transactions on the app, or install any remote access software such as Teamviewer, Anydesk, etc. If you receive such a call, please do not follow these instructions.
- Never respond directly to emails, texts, or phone calls asking for your details, passwords or to make a transaction. Please contact us separately to let us know as soon as possible.
- Our customer support can only be reached via Postbox, email or by calling us directly. Please do not engage with phone numbers that claim to be from our support team. If you receive such a call, politely decline it and call us back using the numbers provided on our website.
- Do not use public or other unsecured computers for logging into your Raisin Account
- Review your account balances and transactions regularly to confirm payments and other transaction data. If you spot a problem, immediately report any suspicious transactions to the Raisin customer service team.
- Never leave a computer unattended while using Raisin online banking services.
- Use an Antivirus solution on your PCs.
- Always install the latest operating system and application updates.
- If possible, use a password manager solution to secure, store and manage your passwords.
- Always use a Firewall on your PCs or laptops.
Mobile Banking Best Practices
As the use of Mobile devices and use of mobile applications is increasing, Raisin wants our customers to know that we are taking security very seriously.
The widespread use of mobile phones and apps for banking means more convenience for customers and better ways to monitor account activity. Unfortunately, it also means there are more risks and opportunities for fraud and security risks.
Raisin provides a secure environment for mobile banking by keeping Online banking services up-to-date to protect customers from any fraud or security issues.
As our customer, there are several things you can do to significantly reduce the risk of fraud or security issues:
- The biggest security risk is the loss of your smartphone. We, therefore, recommend setting up a screen lock with a password. This password should consist of numbers and characters so that applications and data are safely protected against unauthorised access. The latest smartphones provide Fingerprint or face ID protection which needs to be enabled for better security.
- Use Smartphones for Mobile Banking only in trusted Wifi environments or with a secure mobile data connection.
- Be careful with links you receive in SMS or emails. Click links only from trusted sources.
- Do not give applications access to unknown users.
- Always download and install the latest available version of the application from a secure source like the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
- Downloading applications from third parties or from unknown sources should be avoided.
- Update your contact telephone number details whenever you change your phone number(s), to ensure you receive mTAN to your updated number(s).
- Be cautious while accepting offers such as caller tunes or when opening or downloading emails or attachments, whether it’s from known or unknown sources.
- Don’t store sensitive information such as passwords, User IDs etc on your phone or computer outside secure password stores.
- Protect smartphones against viruses and malicious programs. Use Virus scanners or appropriate security programs, which can be found on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Our contribution to your safety
The security of your data is our top priority, and we are required by law to ensure that it remains safe. That is why we always rely on the latest security standards. Below is a high-level description of measures we have implemented to secure customer data on our Platform.
Automatically log out when inactive
After 15 minutes of inactivity, you will be automatically logged out of your Raisin Online Banking environment. Time remaining until automatic logout is displayed on each page. If you want to continue in your Online Banking environment, you must log in again.
Your password is a virtual key to access your Online banking account at Raisin. All you have to do is enter your email address associated with your account at Raisin and your password between 8-64 characters.
You can choose a strong password and reset passwords in your Raisin Account. You can use random and complex passwords using password managers to set passwords on the application.
Mobile TAN Code
A mobile TAN Code (mTAN) is required to authorise orders and transactions in your Raisin Online Banking environment. When you initiate an order or transaction, an mTAN code is generated and sent by SMS to your mobile phone. You can then enter this in your online banking environment to confirm the order.
Online Banking with SSL Encryption
We use industry best standards to encrypt all traffic in transit from our online banking application. This is to ensure that unauthorised persons cannot gain access to your data.
When entering your personal data online via your Raisin Online Banking account, your data is encrypted with SSL (Secure Socket Layer). This encryption is recognised by an “s” after the “http” internet address.
All customer data is encrypted at rest using Industry best practices.
Only banks in the EU
Raisin works exclusively with banks in the EU. This has several advantages. Within the EU, it has been agreed that the national deposit guarantee schemes of the various member states guarantee bank balances – including interest that has accrued but not yet credited – up to €100,000 per account holder per bank, or an equivalent amount in the local currency. Regardless of which bank you save with, your savings enjoy equal protection.
Another advantage is that all our partner banks are therefore obliged to comply with the same data protection legislation as valid in the EU (including the General Data Protection Regulation, AVG). This way you know for sure that our partner banks must adhere to the same strict rules as Raisin.
We have deployed Defence in Depth Architecture using a network firewall, web application firewall, DDoS protection layer, and a content delivery network. We have strict network segmentation and isolation of environments and services in place.
Standards and Certifications
We have implemented an Internal Control system aligned with industry-standard security controls that helps us protect all our customers’ data in a highly secure manner. We are audited by external certified auditors from a reputed firm for an ISAE 3402 Type 2 audit.
We go through a Privacy Certification Audit every year from reputable third-party auditors. We have implemented industry-standard best practices to ensure the privacy of our customers’ data. Customer data is hosted within the European Union.
We at Raisin are committed to our customer’s data and privacy.
We blend security at multiple steps within our products with state-of-the-art technology to ensure our systems maintain strong security measures.
The overall data and privacy security design allow us to defend our systems ranging from low-hanging issues up to sophisticated attacks.
If you are a security enthusiast or a researcher and you have found a possible security vulnerability on Raisin products, we encourage you to report the issue to us responsibly.
You can submit a bug report to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed steps required to reproduce the vulnerability.
If a bug is reported to us by you in this manner, we shall put our best efforts into investigating and fixing any legitimate issues in a reasonable time frame. In the rare instances where this might happen, we would request that you not publicly disclose your reports until we have had a reasonable opportunity to identify and remediate the issue and confirm this to you.