The New York based tech market intelligence portal CB Insights has named Raisin to the prestigious Fintech 250, a select group of emerging private companies working on groundbreaking financial technology. CB Insights CEO and co-founder, Anand Sanwal, revealed the Fintech 250 companies during The Future of Fintech, a gathering of the world’s largest financial institutions, best fintech startups, and most active venture investors.
The CB Insights research team selected the Fintech 250 companies based on several factors including data submitted by the companies and the company’s “Mosaic Score”. This score is based on CB Insights’ National Science Foundation-funded algorithm, measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies. Through this evidence-based, statistically-driven approach, the Mosaic Score can help predict a company’s momentum, market health and financial viability.
Quick facts on the Fintech 250:
- These 250 emerging private companies have raised $14B across 240 deals in 2016.
- Applications of their technology include breakthroughs in insurance, lending, payments, human resources, real estate, and much more.
- More than 2,000 companies were nominated or applied for the Fintech 250 (only 8% were selected).
- Ribbit Capital has backed 17 of the Fintech 250 companies, while Andreesen Horowitz and Goldman Sachs backed 9.
- Twenty-three Fintech 250 companies have reached a valuation of $1B or more.
- 23 countries are represented among the Fintech 250 companies.
For more information about the Fintech 250, visit: https://www.cbinsights.com/research-fintech250